A fellowship of poets, scholars, artists and activists in dialogue with the current cascade of ecological degradation and diminishment of life. Through our creative endeavours we ask: how are we to respond with vision, love and hope? How are we and other species to live and live well? How may we promote health, life and beauty in an era of unfathomable loss? The group takes its name from the area in NSW that is home to the endangered giant dragonfly, Petalura gigantea.
• to the beauty and practicality of ecological systems
• to a philosophy at one with the environment
• to create art, writing and scholarship from the depth of nature
• to promote balance and sustainability in design
• to rethink economy as ecology
• to live simply and poetically in the presence of earth’s creatures